This week we are looking at how we can turn our weaknesses into strengths.
So, what are your strengths and weaknesses? Don’t we all just love that interview question! If you haven’t been to a job interview yet I am almost 95% sure this question will come up.
Highlighting my weaknesses is the last thing I want to do when I want a job, right. I usually point these out when I want to avoid doing something.
What do my weaknesses have to do with building a legacy?
Let’s look at Gideon as an example in Judges 6: 11 – 24
The Israelites had been oppressed by the Midianites for seven years and Gideon was being sent by God to go and save Israel. Gideon starts listing his weaknesses and reasons why he couldn’t be the one to save Israel. ‘My clan is the weakest… I am the least in my family’. God said I will be with you, and you’ll strike down all the Midianites, leaving none alive.
From these scriptures, we learn that God can use us even when we feel unqualified. He empowers us and He is our peace!
How do I turn my weaknesses into strengths?
By being humble and obedient
- God often chooses the most unlikely candidates to fulfill His work and mission for example Moses, David, Gideon and Peter. God sees our potential for good and how even with our weaknesses, He can fulfill His ultimate purpose for our own and/or someone else’s life helping us to build our legacy.
- And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. Matthew 16:18
By God’s Grace
- Paul talks about how he had a thorn in his flesh that tormented him, and he had plead with God to take it away. But God said to him, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12: 9 – 10
By walking in the spirit
- For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7
- God sees past the man or woman standing before Him and sees eternity, potential, courage and all the godly qualities within us.
Listen to our weekly podcast which is a great accompaniment to the downloadable notes below. We believe in the power of community, connect with us on our socials on Facebook and Instagram or send us an email email@example.com